In the second edition of the Exploring Information Podcast (EIS) my infosec cohort Adam Twitty and I talk to Ed Rojas about how to put together an information security conference.
Ed Rojas (@EdgarR0jas) is a Master Consultant for HP Enterprise Security and the creator of Security Zone information security conference in Columbia and the organizer of the BSides Nashville security conference. I had the pleasure of attending BSides Nashville this year and got the opportunity to snap a few pictures. Ed was a very accommodating and passionate host for the event.
In this interview Ed talks about:
- The first step to organizing a security conference
- The time and effort it requires
- How to pick the right date
- The biggest challenges putting together an event
- Some of the mistakes that were made
- Where to host the event
Leave feedback and topic suggestions in the comment section.