In this exciting edition of the Exploring Information Security podcast, Steve Ragan of CSO joins me to discuss how information security professionals should interact with the media.
Steve (@SteveD3) prior to becoming an InfoSec Journalism Wizard for CSO he spent 15 years as an IT contractor. Last year Steve gave talks on how to interact with the media at conferences such as CircleCityCon and DerbyCon. With information security getting more play in the media recently it's important that we all have a basic understanding of how to interact with the media.
In this episode we discuss:
- Interacting with different types of media
- Contacting media to make a correction
- The difference between on-the-record and off-the-record
- Don't be afraid to talk to the media
- Steve tells a story about getting his Skype hacked.