In this two-part edition of the Exploring Information Security podcast, James Jardine of Jardine Software joins me to discuss how to hire qualified application security talent.
James (@JardineSoftware) recently wrote a post about the five mistakes to avoid when hiring qualified application security talent. It's such an interesting list and something I don't see a lot of people talking about. For more application security advice be sure to check out James podcast DevelopSec.
In this episode we discuss:
- What prompted James to write the article
- What he considers qualified application security talent
- Four of the five mistakes to avoid
- Not understanding your current needs
- Ignoring existing resources
- Not sharing the worload
- Not defining the role